Looking after your later years
Whether your preparations are well underway, or it’s something you’ve only just started to think about, you’ll be asking yourself the same questions; where will my retirement income come from? Will I have enough money to enjoy it, and will my income be tax-efficient? While retirement planning may seem daunting, you can enjoy a comfortable and worry-free life after work with the right advice and retirement plan.
It’s never too early to start
From straightforward advice to more complex financial matters, we can provide solutions and advice throughout your retirement planning journey.
Starting your journey
How do you picture your retirement? Travelling the world, learning something new, or spending more time with loved ones? As a client of Quilter Cheviot, we will take the time to understand what you want from your retirement, calculate how much you’ll need, and create a plan to help you achieve it.
- Understand your retirement priorities and needs.
- Calculate your projected retirement pot.
- Create a financial plan to help achieve your retirement goals.
Reviewing your plans
Are you on track with your retirement goals? How are your investments and pensions performing? Whether you’re an existing client or entirely new to Quilter Cheviot, our financial planners can review existing retirement plans and recalibrate them where necessary.
- Understand the current status of your pension and investments.
- Adjust financial plans to ensure you’re on track with your goals.
- Consolidate pensions into one pot.
Getting ready to retire
As you approach retirement, ensure you make the right choices for your money to last as long as needed. Even during retirement, your circumstances may change, and you’ll need to make ongoing choices for everything to stay on track.
- Understand your retirement options and sources of income.
- Managing your money during retirement.
- Avoid potential pitfalls and risks of accessing your retirement income.
When drawing down on your nest egg, you’ll undoubtedly have many questions and concerns regarding withdrawal or decumulation. How much, when, and what to do about market volatility, inflation, regulatory changes and anything else. Make the switch from saving to spending seamless and worry-free.
- Secure a flexible, long-term income from your investments.
- Manage risks through financial reviews and investment adjustments.
- Optimise your savings for tax efficiency to maximise your retirement income.
Our retirement planning process
When it comes to retirement, every plan will be different. While some investors will have straightforward plans, others will be more complex. That's why we take the time to understand you and your current circumstances, develop a plan and provide ongoing money management services to help you navigate the financial hurdles of retirement with ease.