Your four-step financial journey
When it comes to financial planning, you'll want complete confidence that the advice you receive is reliable and trustworthy. That's why we follow an established process whenever we give advice.
Our goal is to provide tailored advice and suitable financial recommendations; however complex your needs, we’ll guide you through a four-step financial journey to achieve this. Not only will this help to make actions clear, but it also helps to make your decision-making easier.
Step one - Discover more about you
We will conduct an initial meeting to understand more about you. This meeting is complimentary.
- Your Financial Planner will ask about your circumstances and current financial plans. Here we aim to understand your lifestyle, finances, and your family situation.
- Next, we'll ask you about your lifestyle aspirations and goals. Here we want to build a picture of what you want to achieve and how to balance your goals with your need for financial security and peace of mind.
- Finally, you'll discover what to expect from us and how you'll benefit from our professional advice.
Step two - Develop a financial plan
- Your Financial Planner will conduct detailed research and explore options to support your financial goals.
- We'll also explore ways to maximise your existing financial plans should you have some and any additional money you wish to invest.
- Finally, we’ll make recommendations in a tailored financial plan and, where necessary, build on your existing plans to ensure you are on the right path to achieving your goals.
Step three - Deliver on our recommendations
- We'll then implement your plan, so you can have confidence that everything is set up correctly.
- With your agreement, your Financial Planner will put all the necessary arrangements with your chosen investment providers in place on your behalf so you can relax and know everything is taken care of.
- If you prefer to implement our recommendations yourself, you can. In this instance, you'll only pay for our time and advice.
Step four - Decide on future opportunities
- With your current financial plans in process and working for you, we'll look for future opportunities that might be important to you.
- At this stage, we recommend reviewing your plans annually, allowing you to stay up-to-update on progress and address any lifestyle, legislation and taxation changes that may affect you.
Please note, wills & divorce settlements are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Auto enrolment, trusts, estate & inheritance tax planning is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Some buy to let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The benefits of an annual review of your plans
Ongoing financial planning advice is a great way to keep track of your plan’s performance, ensuring it still aligns with your goals. Plus, various other benefits, including, but not limited to:
You won't miss out on any of your annual tax allowances.
Ensure protection plans are still suitable and sufficient.
Ensure you're still comfortable with your investment exposure.
Ensure you don't miss out on potentially better returns.
Learn how budget announcements could impact you.
Learn what can impact your investments or tax situation.
Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change.
How much does financial planning advice cost?
We’re completely transparent with how much our services will cost. Rest assured, you won’t pay for any services until you have agreed on the next steps with your Financial Planner. More information about our fees can be found here, and we’ll explain more about our fee structure during your initial complimentary consultation.
Not sure where to start?
Quilter Cheviot Financial Planning only: This financial promotion was approved by Quilter Financial Services Ltd and Quilter Mortgage Planning Ltd on 28 November 2023.