The FTSE 100 is called to open 9 points higher at 7134. U.S. equities fell Tuesday after three straight days of gains, bringing the S&P 500 Index right back to the round number 2,900. The broad declines came on thin trading volumes, with the least amount of shares trading hands across U.S. exchanges this month.
UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES
- Next Upgraded to Add at AlphaValue
- Legal & General Downgraded to Hold at HSBC
- AIB Group Rated New Equal-weight at Barclays
- GEA Group Upgraded to Buy at Goldman
- Leoni Upgraded to Buy at HSBC
- SEB Rated New Buy at Citi
- STS Group Downgraded to Neutral at MainFirst
- Tokmanni Group Upgraded to Buy at Goldman
- Ferguson asked top investors about moving its listing to the US from the UK.
- AstraZeneca’s Imfinzi and Tremelimumab Didn’t Meet Primary Goal.
- Hammerson names James Lenton as CFO.
- Hansteen IFRS pretax for the first half of GBP19.1 million. 1H EPRA net asset value per share 104.4 1H operating profit GBP24.6 million. Urban Multi let industrial property in strong demand.
- Costain 1h adj pretax £19.5mn…’on course for FY performance and in line with views’.
- Atos has won a 5-year, $198 million contract with State of California to transform its 9-1-1 system.
- Danske Danish FSA to report DANSKE to Police amid concerns the lender overcharged retail investors, according to newspaper Jyllands-Posten.
- EDF close to buying large part of Rolls-Royce’s international instrumentation and control division for £100M. Companies expected to announce the deal in the coming weeks.
- Unicredit starts sale of its 1bn Euros worth of suitably named ‘unlikely-to-pay loans.
- Asos story around yesterday but the Times reporting that the Company has asked all suppliers for a 3% discount from Sep 1st. However, they are currently one of the only retailer who currently don’t do this.
- Vivendi sources on Bloomberg report Vivendi plans to vote against Mediaset’s proposal to merge with its Spanish affiliate.
- Tullow Kenya Pushes Commercial Production Date to 2024. Co. expects to make a final investment decision in 2020 and spend the following 36 months building infrastructure, Business Daily reports.
- Publicis and WPP both win Mondelez creative account business.
- Regional Reit substantial Portfolio Acquisition for £25.9m.
- Inchcape appts new CFO.
- South32 news came out late yesterday afternoon…Seriti Resources won a bid to acquire South32’s thermal-coal assets in the country. Final bids were in a range from $300mn to $350mn.