OUR INVESTMENT PROCESS
Process in focus
Your investment manager will be guided by the findings of our knowledgeable Investment Oversight, Asset Allocation, UK and International Security Selection committees. These teams of experienced professionals meet regularly to discuss the investment environment and any opportunities and risks they have identified. They also provide the recommended asset allocations and investment selections to our investment management teams, which are used to implement investment strategies for each charity
Dedicated investment manager
Investment managers also participate in our investment process, from company visits and internal discussions, to analysing external broker research and assessing investment themes. This process informs their decisions, but your requirements remain absolutely paramount. Our investment process combines our top-down view, based largely on macro-economic inputs and market valuations, with bottom-up recommendations from our team of in-house analysts.
Our investment process
- A rigorous investment framework: Bringing together our dedicated research and investment manager teams for optimum potential returns.
- Portfolios centred on long-term returns: Enhanced by exploiting market inefficiencies and active, shorter-term, tactical asset allocation decisions.
- A forward-looking investment process: Combining our top-down view, based largely on macro-economic inputs and market valuations, with bottom-up recommendations generated by our in-house analysts and investment managers.
- Due Diligence: The reassurance that all investment opportunities are subject to a robust due diligence process.
- Access to our dedicated in-house research team: Finding and validating the best investment opportunities.
- A mix of styles adapted to the market cycle: Giving due emphasis to future trends within portfolios
- Low-risk liquid assets, including government bonds, high-quality corporate bonds and cash.
- Equities and lower-grade corporate bonds and private equity funds.
- Diversifier assets that reduce or offset equity risk during periods of market stress. They may include precious metals, unleveraged commercial property, infrastructure and specialist property funds.
Our UK and International Stock Committees draw on the expertise of our research team to identify the best quality companies available at attractive valuations.
If you want to know more
Subscribe to trustEnews
Are you a trustee? Or just interested in the charity sector? trustEnews aims to help trustees keep on top of the charity sector.
What people say
“This is one of the best newsletters of this kind I have ever seen. Well written and informative on topics of genuine interest. I will certainly share it with my Board.”
Fabian French, CEO of UK Community Foundation