SALISBURY ROUNDTABLE 10 NOVEMBER 2020
To divest or to engage
For many charity investors historically the decision has been taken to avoid sectors which they feel do not align with their principles. For many that still feels the right thing to do. However the argument that investors are able to effect more change by remaining invested in companies and engaging with them on environmental, social and governance matters has gained more traction. In this roundtable we will look at:
- The differences between taking an exclusionary approach (ethical) versus and engagement approach (responsible investing)
- What are the drivers for the growth in interest in environmental, social and governance factors?
- How do charity investors decide on what is the right approach for them?
- 12:00pm Welcome
- 12:15pm Discussion and lunch
- 2:30pm Finish
- Date: 10 November 2020
- Location: Quilter Cheviot, Unit 2, Floor 2, London Road Office Park, London Road, Salisbury, SP1 3HP
Greg Kearney, Responsible Investment Analyst, Quilter Cheviot