LEICESTER ROUNDTABLE 8 SEPTEMBER 2020
Quilter Cheviot is delighted to invite you to attend a charity roundtable discussion on:
What are reserves for?
Balancing the interests of beneficiaries while ensuring you spend donors’ money wisely is a perennial challenge for trustees. Add into the equation the fact that, if inflation averages 3% per annum, you need to double the value of your charity’s assets (cash & investment) every 25 years just to maintain the spending power. So the real challenge facing trustees is: how do you ensure effective financial management of your charities reserves? In this session we will explore
- Financial duties & responsibilities of being a trustee
- Defining the right level of reserves
- How to segment reserves into short and long term assets
- The investment options
- Monitoring, controls & effective decision making
- 12:00pm Welcome
- 12:15pm Discussion and lunch
- 2:30pm Finish
- Date: 8 September 2020
- Location: Quilter Cheviot, Provincial House, 37 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6TU
Charles Mesquita, Charities Director, Quilter Cheviot
To encourage lively debate and discussions around case studies, we limit the numbers to no more than 20 people, therefore places will be allocated on first come, first served basis. Please let us know of any dietary requirements.
To register to this event, please get in touch with Violet Hayden.