We are delighted to be the proud Presenting Partner of Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust, ‘Go Wild Gorillas’ wild in art project.
“The Go Wild Gorilla programme’s focus on legacy, and protecting the natural environment for future generations, is incredibly important to us at Quilter Cheviot. As wealth managers, we obviously want to help protect and grow our clients’ wealth, some of whom we have been looking after for many decades. But we also want to use the power that gives us to protect and grow the natural wealth of our planet.” Tim Childe, Head of International & Jersey Office.
Whilst the trail is live, be sure to download the Go Wild Gorillas App and find our two adopted gorillas, Cliff Wright’s – ‘What on Earth?’ and Nick Romeril‘s – ‘Gorillas and Penguins Should Never Meet’ to be in with a chance of winning a luxurious Restful Resolutions Spa package for two and one-night stay at The Club Hotel & Spa Jersey
- Rasul mud experience for two.
- Stress Busting Back, Neck and Shoulder massage
- Fresh Essence Facial
- Full use of spa facilities for the day
- Spa lunch in Bohemia Bar. During spring and summer months if you wish to have your lunch by the Outside Pool or on our Roof Terrace please request upon booking.
Go Wild Gorillas Launch Night
The current zoo habitat boasts an extensive outside area where gorillas roam amongst natural vegetation. The indoor area, however, requires redevelopment. To celebrate 60 years of the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust we have a bold and exciting plan for a major extension to the existing building, which will create:
- Two new, large exhibition dens, quadrupling the size of the existing areas. The interiors will feature a ‘biofloor’ with natural features within.
- An advanced, translucent roof that allows full natural daylight to flood in.
- A row of smaller dens where we can manage animals at close quarters.
- An additional, extensive outside area and bedroom dens, for their health and well being.
- A stunning visitor interpretation area, where gorillas pass overhead.
“For me it’s a very nostalgic re-connection with Jersey Zoo and the work of Gerald Durrell, as I was so fortunate to meet him during our collaboration on the well-known Andrex Puppy Books. I am especially grateful to Quilter Cheviot for choosing my gorilla design and very excited to be working with them and to begin the painting process.”
To stay up to date our social media channels below:
Some of the gorillas
Place of birth: Vallée des Singes Park, France